Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Want to be challenged

Vacations without a challenge can be boring.  I want something to challenge me, or I want to challenge myself.  This week in Durango, I thoroughly enjoyed riding 5 miles downhill, just not so much the 5 miles uphill.  Hiking the Purgatory Flats Trail, another challenge.  The best challenge was a cabin mate who is not a Christian.  For some unknown reason he said "Christian's are not wanted around the world."  Whoa, what?  They are very much wanted and helpful.  Then he went on about the amount of troubles and deaths caused by the inquisition.  I thought, hmmm, interesting, I'm not usually having a conversation like this.  That's ok, Let your words and wisdom flow through me, Lord.  Be Kind and Compassionate.  I love this person, I want this person to listen and be changed. I want all their pain, suffering, anger to be taken by Jesus, all sins forgiven, freedom...It just takes the ABC's. Admit, Believe, Commit.  But what did I say..."My God is a God of the future and of Hope. Those people are bad representatives".  Saying things like "all you Christians" is really unfair.  Then I said "even though I may not convert you tong