Sunday, June 27, 2010

Free Gift: Hope for the Future

What me, worry? I have done lots of that, never bought me another day on earth.   I want to journal some of my favorite verses. I like to know other people's and what they mean to them.
This one came up in a deep conversation with a friend whose child and boyfried are going through very serious health issues and the friend is has a big set of problems.  Why should anyone have a hope for the future when our present life may be very hard, uncertain, filled with pain, dispair, poverty.  In my hardest times, even before being a professing Christian, I had and acknowledge that God is the one who gave me his promises, fruits of the spirit, for this verse especially a life plan and  hope for the future. God's provisions got me through times like divorce, moving, fights, attacks, being fired, bouncing checks, health scares, helping others, more resently long-time partner and friend embezzling.

So how do I know for sure God has a plan and gives me hope.  Seen it in action, look back and think of all the times I was like film " developed in the dark".  Not only survive these events, but come out with more wisdom, strength, feeling at peace with the direction I let God lead me.  Not to say I still don't make many of my own decisons, and have many times not relied, believed, trusted what God wants me to do. 
I've had clear dreams and clear messages, but in many ways, esp. continuing to do what I do....Through it all, I know God created and loves me and is the awesome power that gives me hope.

Jerimiah 28:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.