Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's Beyond My Control


"It's beyond my control" whispered from John Malcovich in Dangerous Liasons as a way he circumvents his romantic obligations, women who want a piece of him. He used that as an excuse, when truely it is reality for our lives. We can't control a whole lot. We can decide what we eat, wear, when we sleep, what we do and say, who I am around, who I help....but what about all the unknowns? I got to let them go or I'd be more anxious about so much that is out of my hands. Driving around wild drivers, hearing about mystery diseases, freak accidents, bankruptcy. More frustrating is THINKING I have any control, trying to control, and really all for nought. Business sales is sorta that way, even though, like a Sims game, I think we can make decisions and take steps to increase them. I have to let God be in control, Jesus take the wheel, or a fav motto of mine "Let Go, Let God". I gotta let go of the control or else. Like helping a kid ride a bike, I have to take some steps to get things rolling, then stand back, try not to worry. If I truely had full faith in a omnipotent God, then I would spend more time getting connected and listening more to His directions. Maybe the things I do want to control, it's because I got messages from God to control them. Lord, help me let go and let God rule, fill in Serenity prayer here.