Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Love SHOULD Know NO bounds

The love we can have/give/experience is not divisible, layerable, nor on/off. I don't like trying to limit or lable my love. Terms like "a piece of my heart" or "only enough room for so much love". If I had 1000 kids, I'd love them all. Showing love through time, eye contact, hugs would be difficult, but my heart can have love for all.
I understand that love can be had even in the worst of times, even right after a tragedy. A woman's husband just died a year ago, she's now in love. I'm happy for her, others judge her. I say you can still love your husband and fall in love with someone else. Some people heal from grief faster than others. He's dead. Can't spend time with him, sleep with him. Why not fall in love? May be a lack of respect for those alive who think you should stay grieving for a certain time.
I also know that I can love people and not like them, learned this one growing up in a disfunctional family. Could I have a huge fight with a boyfriend and never see again and still love, yep, just not the same as it use to be. Like clouds, they evolve without visible bounds. Too bad I still put some bounds on it, I hope to release those.